The International Coach Federation defines coaching as "partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential." A coach supports growth through an intentional focus on linking strengths and past success to future success. Coaching offers a safe place to think, to reflect, speak honestly and to ask questions. SV & CO. has several coaching capabilities to best fit your needs.
Today's leaders are being asked to lead in ways that they have never led before. Working with a coach can help build essential leadership skills for future success. Whether you're a new leader, a leader seeking to enhance your skill set or a transitional leader, coaching can help you reach your full potential. Working with a coach can close the gap between where you are today and where you want to be tomorrow.
Executive coaching is a professional relationship with the goal to enhance an individual's leadership or management performance and development. SV & CO. works closely with the client to examine leadership skills and professional goals. Coaching creates a space for new ways of thinking and developing action steps that support achievement of the client's goals.
If you're looking for a change, but uncertain of what that means just yet, personal coaching offers a place to explore your possibilities. Regardless of what type of changes you're looking to make, SV & CO. helps move you from dreaming to doing.
As collaborative environments become more common, groups benefit from developing the best way to work with each other. Team coaching focuses on the development and functionality of a group. Whether its a department, division, faculty or team, group coaching results in learning in the context of your work, and group environment.
SV & CO. works to enhance the quality of leadership whether its with an individual or within an organization. Listening is the first step in designing professional development that is prescriptive to your needs.
Topics related to best practices in leadership may include:
- Intentional Leadership
- Distributive Leadership
- Change Leadership
- Creating a Positive Organizational Climate
- Fostering a Culture of Collaboration
- Building Trusting Relationships in Your Organization
- Empowered Teams - Building Capacity and Supporting Innovation
- Effective Communication Skills
- Conflict Management
- Effective Listening Skills
A facilitator helps a group of people understand their common objectives and assists them to plan how to achieve these objectives. A facilitator remains neutral and helps devise the best possible outcome for all involved parties. A few examples of facilitation:
- Highly Effective Teams - determining a process for how a group interacts and works together in the best interest of the organization
- Building Capacity - creating an environment where every individual develops their expertise and contributes to their highest capacity
- Group Planning - helping small groups and teams think strategically and plan for the future